Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6th Gear grinding hyundai tuscon

Options
  • 15-01-2023 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

Just started about an hour ago when I went for a drive. When I change from 5th to 6th there is a grind.

Every other gear is OK and changes no problem.

Car is 2017.

Any ideas what this would be, I won't be able to get to a mechanic until next week at least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The gearboxes are a known weak point on the 1.7 engine, not sure if yours is 1.6 or 1.7.

Could even be clutch related. I’d be very vigilant in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Mine is a 1.7 alright, never had an oz of trouble I've had it from day one, now tonight it's giving me that trouble.

I'll have to try get it looked at now ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Sounds like a synchro gone. If you are near Blessington in Wicklow I'd 100% recommend Derek Shiels.

Front Page - Derek Sheils clutch & gearbox centre (sheilsgearboxcentre.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Gboxrepair

The 6 speed gearboxes in the hyundai tucson and kia sportage and also used in the i30 and kia Ceed are known for issues with the 3,4,5 and 6th gear synchro's, Kia and Hyundai sell repair kits for the gearboxes and i have done a few of these, I'm based in Kildare and repair these gearboxes at a competitive price, message me if you need a price.

Advertisement