Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flexi Time Civil Service Ireland

Options
  • 15-01-2023 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I am the only person in my office and we just have started flexi time for the first time where would i find examples of different times. If i start at 8 clock for half an hour for lunch and fin at 4 is that my day covered within half hour built up?

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Augme

Yes it is. You should be able to work out examples of tines easily enough yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

If you work 8 to 4 with 30 minutes lunch then you work up 30 minutes flexi.

The department I'm in only only you to build up flexi in the office at the moment, if you work from home you can't build up flexi.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dodi1973

Sorry rsl1976 what ways do half days times work if you dont mind

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Apologies, only saw this. Half days are 3 hours 40 mins. So if you wanted to take the afternoon off you could go in at 8 leave at 12.30 but still build up some flexi

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭scullersky

Does your flexi time have to add up to the required hours on a weekly or monthly basis ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Departments are different in their requirement.

My current dept i have to have the hours I want to take off

It's currently 10'30" for a day and a half

Some will allow you borrow time but it needs to balance the following month

You can build up to 11'30" per month. Anything more is lost forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I am new to all this ,when does your month start to start building up flexi .When you apply to powerpoint for flexi days off ,how long before you take your day should you book your day and where does your manager come into the equation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I am new to all this ,when does your month start to start building up flexi.

Each department will have have their own flexi calender. Flexi "periods" run for four weeks.

When you apply to powerpoint for flexi days off ,

PeoplePoint are not involved in the management of flexi days. You do not need to apply to them for flexi days.

how long before you take your day should you book your day and where does your manager come into the equation

Totally dependant on your line manager, including how much notice you must give. You apply on your department's flexi clock and your manager approves or declines. Discuss with them.

Every department is different. The time clock should show when the period is. You generally can't take Flexi until it's earned. It gets taken in the next month. You can't build up more than 11.5 hours or the excess is lost.

You need to clear all leave with your manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

So if I build up say 7.5 hours to carry over to the next month ,could I use these up by working the minimum hours (10-4) the !st week of the following month or even using up the flexi hours at the end of the month they were built up, would the manager still need to clear you working the minimum time

• Advertisement

Youd need to talk to your manager for an answer to that

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭apkmbarry

Whatever you use to clock in and out should probably have a reference as to when your periods start and end.

The Flexi clock is managed at a local level, so only your manager would be approving requests etc. In terms of how you have to arrange it, that's totally dependent on your manager. For me I can ring in at 9.30 and say I won't be in and it's no problem as we aren't a public facing unit, but for sections that are, that would more difficult etc.

In terms of working the least amount of hours, it should be fine so long as you are present for core hours, but you'd need to double check that at a local level too unless the needs of the business are different.

Advertisement