Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Holiday April Recommendations

Options
  • 15-01-2023 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

I am looking recommendations for a warm holiday Desntination beginning of April for a week for two. I was looking at Lagos in Portugal but the weather doesn't look to warm. I also looked at Vegas but not enough time for a week imo.

Can anyone recommend an alternative destination for a couple who just want some sun, nice bars & restaurants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭billyhead

The Canary Islands.

You have a good few choices. As poster above suggests, Canary Islands - Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, Fuerteventura. Alternatively southern Greece, eg Rhodes, Crete. Also southern Turkey, Bodrum, Antalya etc. Cyprus is an option. There’s a new route from Dublin to Tel Aviv, I believe it has great restaurants and beaches. Morocco is another choice, Madeira, Sicily too.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

Thanks, Grand Canary was another option. I will take a look at the location and hotels later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Klopp

If anyone can recommend a nice Hotel in Tenerife and Grand Canaria for a couple that would be great?

I hate trying to find a Hotel, I see one bad review and I move on to the next. I would also almost pay someone to research and find one for me, it's my least favourite part, never enjoy it but love going on holidays for some sun and R&R 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Whats the Costa Del Sol/Malaga area like for weather in April ? Thinking of heading down there for a few days, not looking for scorching heat, just a bit of heat and sunshine.

I know weather impossible to predict, looking online it seems to be ok sunshine wise around that time.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,267 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I have used the H10 hotels and also Barcelo ones in the Canary Islands, though not in Tenerife or Gran Canaria (Lanzarote and Fuerteventura were the ones I used). Both excellent options, and they have adults only hotels where there are no kids pools and no kids running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Bumping this thread

Anyone able to recommend a two bedroom apartment in Tenerife? Next easter

Usual needs - pool for kids, not up a hill or a long way from things. Cheers

Advertisement