Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't remember name of product - UV cured repair sheet??

Options
  • 15-01-2023 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find a product I used once ages ago and can't even remember the right name/description for it.

Its sheet of plastic/glass fibre resin that is sticky on one side and is cured by UV light. Comes in sheets up to about A4 in size but also smaller size, is about 1-2mm thick and a buff colour.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MissGriff

Is this it by any chance?

Never attached a pic before so hope you can see it.

Rapid Repair Powerful Permanent Patch by FibreTech.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Perfect thats the very stuff and the exact packaging I remember. Only problem the reason I couldn't find it seems to be FibreTech don't seem to exist anymore :-(

Oh I see. Yea the bit I have left is a few yrs old, got it in Woodie's. I'm sure I have seen an equivalent in last year whilst prowling the hardware shops for other things.

** Okay so I just googled it there...it's still available in Woodie's and some other independent hardware shops came up in the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Thanks again I can see it in Woodies https://www.woodies.ie/patches-rapid-repair-patch-large-300mm-x-225mm-240002 but google wouldn't find it for me ;-0 previously.

Its for a quick temporary roof repair on a rusting galvanised ridge on a "tin" roof. Just want to go up one time slap it on with no messing around. Lots of other options but that one is the quickest and easiest off the top of ladders.

Very welcome...good luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭ingalway

Does it have to be cured with a UV light or will it go off itself if left longer?

Advertisement