Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 alarm questions

• 14-01-2023 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Firstly thanks for all the info on HKC systems on the previous posts, ive a few more q's if anyone can help please.

Im looking to service my alarm system as the bill for the annual check has gone up by 15% for a 20-min service. I have an HKC SW-1070 unit, about 5yrs old installed by a external company. Partly wireless, part wired.

I understand that batteries for PIRs, door contact and the external bell are all CR123A's.

When I open up the PIR/door contacts to replace the batteries, the alarm will go off? Will I be able to silence it by inputting the user code before i change the batteries?

Similarly for the external bell, when i open it up, the alarm will go off. Will i be able to silence that by inputting the code before i fumble with the batteries?

How do i open the external bell? any tips please?

Also, if im not renewing my service contract with the company that installed the alarm. Do i need the engineer code for anything or i can do without it? Ive read that some systems allow them to be reset, is that the case for HKCs? (Im assuming the company will be unwilling to hand it over)

Thanks

Charlie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭davidconroy46

Forward your number Charlie if you wish I can talk you through the servicing

Advertisement