Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Options for internet in building 150m away

• 14-01-2023 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

hi there, wonder if i could get some help as head melted looking at options.

My sister has 90mbps in her house on main road. Parents live 150m away from her on side road and have direct view of her house. Their internet is shocking in parents and i need for work when i stay with them and we have limited options in the sticks. I have set up a deco mesh wifi system in sisters house and am getting 28mbps in the garage. My questions is whether i can run ethernet cable from the Deco in her her garage to my parents house as i understand that over 100metres the quality deteriorates. if i put POE+ ethernet switch will that solve the problem?

This will be run through a field but will be in between fencing so shouldn't get eaten etc

Is a wifi antenna bridge worth investing in - do they actually work. What best option then for broadcast signal once reaches parent s house - can i just use TP link wifi extender. Have used TP link AC750 in own house and works well. at moment getting 0.5 - 1mbps in parents so anything would be better than that

thanks for any advice

Comments

Advertisement