Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I got a problem with my ESTA application?

Options
  • 13-01-2023 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I'm trying to get the ESTA sorted for my trip to California.

I've filled out the ESTA forms and made the payment through Paypal but so far I have not get any email conformation of the application, I did get conformation of payment from Paypal. Previously I have gotten email conformation from the ESTA website.

When I go back to the ESTA website to retrieve my form I got "No Application Found" I also didn't get the application number as I thought I would be able to go back at look at it.

Is this normal, should I wait long or reapply at extra cost?

Is there a phone umber I ring to speak to a real person?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,180 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last time I applied I got the application number via email after I entered my details, then got a confirmation about 2 hours later saying I was approved.

I assume it was the official website you used?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭98-00

That is what happen with my previous applications, very quick. I did use that, linked from the Irish Department Of Foreign Affairs.

And now I have just got an email saying the submission has been updated with a link to the site but I still can't retrieve the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭757TFFIU

I wouldn't make multiple applications at once, personally.

My current ESTA application took roughly 48 hours before it was approved.

You can check the status of your application on the official ESTA site without the application number - using your passport number and date of birth, alongside your citizenship and dates of issuance and expiry of your passport.

I've only made one application, when I said the they were quick that was several years ago. I have tried to retrieve the details without the application number but that is when I get the "No Application Found".

I don't think I put in any details wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭757TFFIU

I've gone back through my emails from my current ESTA - which I made in May last year. I've 3 emails - but I paid by credit card, rather than Paypal. I've one at the start of the process to validate my email address. The second is my ESTA application number. The third is from 48 hours later notifying me of an ESTA status change, which is the approval.

• Advertisement

All sorted now. The email helpline sent me the application number, once I typed that it I got the application.

I was putting the wrong expiration date.

Advertisement