Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

bike spanner

• 13-01-2023 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭

i,m changing the tube on my mountain bike ,back wheel 26inch, , i,m looking to buy a new spanner to take off the wheel

i think i need a size 10, i went to dec hardware ,they only sell size 11 ,smallest size.do i get 14mm,15mm spanner.

is there any shop near dublin 1 or temple bar, or georges stree that sells bike spanners.cycleways dont sell them .

i need the bike fixed before 3.30pm to travel to see a friend .

do most bike shops sell spanners .

i know poundland has basic spanners ,i prefer a proper spanner like they use in bike shops

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

What's a bike spanner? Are you looking for a cone spanner, or just a normal 10mm spanner? If it's the latter, literally any hardware shop should carry them, it's probably the most popular/common spanner/socket size

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I Fixed the bike using the old spanner i got from 2 pound shop.the shops i went to only had 11 mm spanners in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,999 ✭✭✭prunudo

If you think its hard trying to find a 10mm spanner wait till you see the amount of time it takes to find a 10mm socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There's multi spanner sets for sale I also have an adjustable spanner that fits 10mm more

Advertisement