Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone 1Gb Business Broadband vs 1GB Residential package

Options
  • 11-01-2023 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have some experience/knowledge about business vs residential fibre broadband latency and traffic routing. Is it all the same from traffic management perspective on the Vodafone side or is there higher priority for business broadband customer traffic, different routing or anything else improving latency or limiting congestion in peak hours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Do you get a static IP as a business customer? I'm not with Vodaphone but that's the only difference for my provider.

Also the SLA is a same-day engineer visit if raised before 2pm.

No idea on the network side but unless its a dark fibre its prob the same cable to the exchange?

What sort of latency are you getting at the moment? I'm getting 7ms to the local speed test site, 10ms to Google. Do you need lower than that?

Advertisement