Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Jam Session, Kimmage/Crumlin area

Options
  • 10-01-2023 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking at getting an Open Jam session off the ground. The idea is an informal session, open to all levels and all genres; it'd be a space for folk to meet up and play music in front of, and with, like-minded people; away from an open space within earshot of the general public who might be expecting polished performances. Think of it as a rehearsal room by musicians for musicians, minus the backline equipment, but with a few pints instead 😊

I have a venue in the Harold's Cross/Kimmage/Crumlin area that would allow us a sizeable function room upstairs free of charge on Wednesdays, on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis; demand would determine how often we'd meet up I guess.

I'm assuming the majority of people would be guitar players, but like competency and genres, all instruments would be welcome.

If you're interested please add a quick intro about yourself here and I'll reach out via PM to get a WhatsApp group going?

Me, I'm mid-40s, playing acoustic/electric guitar since my teens; I like playing Folk, Rock, Alternative, Blues, Trad, Grunge, anything really! Was in a band years ago and I really just miss the vibe of jamming with other people, hence deciding to try organise something.

Cheers,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 FergalOMahony

Hi, nice idea. I would be interested in giving that a go. I'm a bass player living in Portobello. Been playing a couple of years, also in a band at the moment. I could bring an amp if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭WealthyB

Nice one Fergal! Am in the stage of gathering names right now, and should we get enough interest I'll book a night that hopefully all of us can meet up on. (have posted this on other social media with some success). Will post any updates, and in the meantime if anyone else is interested please let me know!

Cheers

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭1987rudi

Hi I’d be interested in this, living in the kimmage area. Play guitar and can sing a bit too if needs be. Into all sorts. Playing along time but have been out of action in recent years. Could also bring an amp. Please keep me updated

Cheers,

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 3 odead01

Hey There,

I would be interested , I play guitar a bit , banjo a bit , sing a bit , and harmonica a bit .

anyway if that suits can you let me know . Thursday nights are out for for me .

Talk soon

Declan

Hey Rob ,

Did you get anything going yet .....

Dec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

I'd also be up for this if you have something going!

Sorry all, I had to have some surgery which put me out of action for a while but I'm ready to kick-start this now. Am about to square off a date with the venue, will update here as soon as its confirmed.

Hi all, as previously mentioned I had surgery which put everything on hold but am now back on track. 

The 1st night will be in The Stoneboat Pub, Kimmage, D12 on Wednesday 21st June from 8pm. 

Maps link:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/qMikiHgn4gdnRYYB6

I have the upstairs room booked which won't be open to the public; the idea is to have an informal jamming session akin to what you'd have in a mates house. Bring guitars etc and hope to see you there! Any questions feel free to ask via this thread.

Thanks

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Hi Rob,

I won't be able to make it to this unfortunately, but wondering if this will be a monthly thing?

Cheers,

James.

Hi James, it depends on what sort of interest we get etc etc - there may be more in future and if the numbers are there, then definitely a monthly event could be nailed down!

For everyone else, this is a good time for a reminder that the 1st night will be in The Stoneboat Pub, Kimmage, D12 on Wednesday 21st June from 8pm.

Maps link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qMikiHgn4gdnRYYB6

Any questions feel free to ask via this thread

Thanks,

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭uncle ernie

Hi,

Will there be any more of these nights going on? I live locally and play drums, would definitely be game for a bit of a jam for the craic

Hi there . I'm interested..is it still on .and if so when is the next one. Thanks in advance .Dec

Turnout wasn't great - in fact it was awful. 2 people turned up. Was disheartening to say the least! But the 3 of us had a good jam together and some pints. So for now I put it on hiatus. I'm not on Facebook or other Social Media, so maybe I'm not the best person to be organising this? Anyway if I decide to give this another go in the new year I'll update here.

Thanks

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Joncee1

Hi would be very interested in this if relaunch happens I play guitar and sing love jamming and some musical/fun ideas pooling thanks

Advertisement