Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Done Deal Car Valuation - Any Good?

Options
  • 09-01-2023 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm hoping to buy a used Renault Kadjar, budget is €15- €16k which gets me a 16/17 year model.

What are people's thoughts on Done Deal's free Car Valuation - is it any good?

I have seen a nice Kadjar ad from Linders Finglas but based on the Done Deal valuation (between €15600 - €16450) they are charging way over the asking price (€18,450)

As I'm a new member here can't post the link to the ad - sorry! But details below;

Spec: Signature

Mileage: 87,000k (with service history)

Would appreciate any help on what is a reasonable price or if I need to stop basing the valuation off Done Deal!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elaine_Renault77

Sorry Should have said also its a 162 reg (162 WX 303)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭User1998

You should base it off other Renault Kadjars, with similar spec and mileage.

If you see others with higher spec/lower miles selling for a similar price then you know the one your looking at is probably overpriced.

Similarly if you think its selling for the same price as higher mileage/lower spec models then you know its probably good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elaine_Renault77

Thanks for the sound advice User1998!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Worth noting that a Renault is at its most valuable in a Renault main dealer like Linders so you’ll pay a small premium vs say a Toyota garage selling a Renault, and then because it’s a main dealer you’re paying more than you would at a Portakabin on the Nass Road, or from a private seller with no warranty etc. then you have variables like engine choice and trim level and colour which affect the value.

Advertisement