Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property tax deducted at source not paid

Options
  • 06-01-2023 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

Hi guys. A friend of mine was recently made redundant from an insolvent company. Company is now in liquidation. His property tax was being deducted at source from his salary but it transpires now that it was never paid to revenue. Not sure how it works, but should that payment have been made to the revenue each month by his employer, or is it a payment that can accumulate to year end?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Madd002

Since company is in liquidation, login to revenue sign in to myaccount and view taxes 2019 -2022 go down to employer at bottom off page and view breakdown and itll show if it was deducted in that year. If it shows it's there you'll have to contact revenue direct and see if they've received it.

I've attached my pic below

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'd say contact revenue as they are always the favoured creditors. I presume your friend has payslips to back up the claim.

Advertisement