Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Declaring income from student hosting scheme.

• 06-01-2023 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, looking for some advice as I cannot get through to any of the tax offices. We've hosted some students for the past year and I am now ready to declare my income and claim back my health expenses etc.

I'm under the €14 k threshold as allowed by Revenue, but I'm unsure where I should declare this money. Is it in the rental income section that this figure should be entered or does it go into another category?

I've emailed Revenue and have also rang their offices on a number of occasions without success. I am unsure if the Rental income section applies to all or just solely for landlords so I am looking for information so as to make a correct declaration.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭nhg

Rent a Room relief is claimed in the ‘add new credits’ section when completing your income tax return for the year.

It will be recorded on your Revenue record for that particular year but won’t appear on your a Statements of Liability, if you need proof for a financial institution etc that you declared the income you will need to send an MyEnquiries to Revenue stating why you need confirmation that it has been recorded on your record for that particular year & a letter will be sent to you confirming it was recorded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks very much for your help 👍

Advertisement