Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVE 95 WOODCOCK HILL

Options
  • 06-01-2023 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

This station on 95 Mhz FM from Woodcock Hill I could never really receive properly until the end of November last year. As this 4 kw transmitter was/is nulled to the north as it is not in the same county as the broadcaster, the signal would deteriorate north of Ennis and was virtually gone upon reaching Gort. Now, since late last year I can receive it (locking the RDS and station ID) using an externally mounted 5 element band II array 8 km south of Tuam Co Galway.

I am therefore wondering if there has been an increase in power to the north or a new higher mast at the site (I noticed a 2nd lattice mast on Woodcock Hill last year)? Anyone in the know, who could enlighten me? Thanks for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,507 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I can't answer your question, but I am interested on where you got the antenna from please. External FM antennas are not easy to find for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

anyone have any info re the LIVE 95 FM tx range increase?

Advertisement