Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Consultant [Amazon]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I am intrigued. That is indeed a good trailer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,979 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Full story trailer surfaced a week or so ago, with the series dropping in a few days; Christoph Waltz playing charming and scary? I'm sure that'll be a stretch for him lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Christoph Waltz as lead, I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 32,300 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Only watched episode 1 but it is enjoyable so far.

Waltz is having an absolute blast chewing the scenery.

The way he is sniffing people...yikes...

HR in any country outside of the USA would have a field day!

• Advertisement

1: Well. That started with one big wtf and ended in another big wtf.

So like.. I'm half leaning towards this is a fake their death thing. I dunno.

I am genuinely a bit lost where it is going but that is part of the fun!

I thought..

Maybe he is some type of a weird sleeper agent/psychological controller or similar it showed you another person he had a meeting with had been killed/died in weird circumstances. The thing that happened with the (likely) deceased CEO would confirm he has serious control over people (office blowjob and all)..it looked like he was staring at the camera when it happened....

Yeah I agree. I thought similiar. I might be going down the rabbit hole too much.. calling that out as a misdirect in order to hide the other idea.

2: Well. They didn't want to leave that episode feeling anyway upbeat!

I was having a bit of a lol about her taking the hotel room. Unsure a bit about the whole bigger picture.

Then that closing server room scene.. and the lights on the racks changing red for him when they hadn't for Elaine. Also was that a typewriter noise as they were fading away from it?

I'm not sure what happened to Mama Sang but they sure made it feel like she's been out on that empty peddle swan. I saw something floating in the darkness and wondered if it was her suitcase.

All the same, they haven't actually shown anything and I'm still wondering if there's some misdirect going on.

3: annnnnnnddddd... exhaaaaaaaale! Whew! What the freakin.. I dunno. I'm confused. That got pretty intense!

It really looks like Waltz is up to no good but still like something else is going on. I dunno. The second the prodigy music kicked off, I was like... oh no! no no no!

The Prodigy - Breathe (Official Video)

• Advertisement

4: wtf! 😲😂🤣

Me for most this episode:  

What was in the Box - Seven

Haven't a clue now. Looks like he did kill him. Eh.. and that's about that.

Maybe this is all going to be about something like getting a virus into a phone game that ends up on everyones phones as a hack/backdoor

I see the episodes are only 30 minutes long; nice and bite size, no fat wasted here I guess if the first installment was anything to go by. Very intriguing, with a distinctly off-kilter tone throughout - mostly emanating from Christoph Waltz's performance.

I suspect the success of this show will depend on how well the curtain is peeled back on the whole mystery. So far I'm confused, but intrigued.

Also, weirdly,, the second show I'm watching set at a games company - having only recently got into Mythic Quest.

When people talk of old movies whose plot can't work in the era of the internet or smartphones, this plot can't work outside the US lol.

5: Hold.. what?! 😀 What's going on!

Elvis Presley - (You're The) Devil In Disguise (Official Lyric Video)

So hold on..

he's walking around with his skeleton replaced with gold!!?! 😲

6: Alright! This! This has to be the moment of peak level of: I don't know what's going on anymore! 😁

There's definitely suspense and maybe-violence-soon setup all over the place.

Two episodes after this. A kind of event setup and then the finale to see out the reaction I'd guess.

I dunno. So many questions.. so much stuff I'm unsure about.

Could be a faked death, could be a hack games thing, could be a spread violence from games thing, could be some bigger wierder thing, could all be in one of their imaginations.. haven't a clue

7: Me this whole episode except it was..

What happened to Patti!!?!?!

What was in the Box - Seven

and even still now.. I'm not sure 😲

annnnd Finished! Overall, a big mystery/anxiety thriller. Top performance goes to Christoph Waltz!

It was about as Christoph Waltz as Christoph Waltz can get I imagine 🙂

8: What's this the Joker says? Haha.... hahahahahahaahahaaa 😲😀😲

That was all a bit bonkers I reckon. In the end, it all seemed to tie together.

The Dude is actually made outta gold now?!!?!? 😲

Future: I mean... yeah I think .. THINK .. they could do a season 2.. but I don't know that the SHOULD make a season 2 😀

I'll let the end credit play out the season finale post on this thread for me 🙂

- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_tLAzehaQ

I have now finished the firs two episode.

So it is now basically saying

Waltz is the devil...or something like it..

Its heavily leaning into people being easily corruptible...Craig pretty much happy to ignore the video and a woman disappearing when his game is being developed.

Elaine concerned for Mama sang...but still happy to take over the hotel room...while trying to hang on for her 6 months in her made up position..

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished this after having it on my watchlist for a while. I enjoyed it. Waltz is the one that holds it all together and makes it interesting. I liked the Elaine character as well. Craig was a bit of an arse though, I thought.

It seemed strange to me that Craig didn't discuss what was going on with his boss to his fiancee right away. Why bother keeping that from her? It seemed like the writers were pushing it with that, as well as her becoming entranced with Regus so quickly. Not sure what the gold stuff is about? Is it a religious reference, like the Golden calf being worshipped by Moses' followers?

I'd be up for a season 2 but it doesn't look like the show will be getting one?

Advertisement