Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get loft and lie checked?

Options
  • 04-01-2023 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭

Came across this video online. Bit mad, a golf pro takes brand new wedges and checks them on the loft & lie machine. None of them are the loft they're meant to be. Most are 3 degrees out? If I was paying €175 for a Vokey I'd expect it to be right

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭newport2

I've never done it on new clubs, but I get my irons checked once a year or so. Particularly in the case of forged irons, they will change over time after repeated hitting. I found this out the hard way a few years ago struggling with distance for most of a season with AP2s. Got them checked and the lofts in my shorter irons had increased to varying degrees (my 8 was almost the same as 9). It costs about €25 to get a set checked and adjusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

you should always get new clubs loft and lie checked.

they are rarely/never correct for lie and loft.

my latest set were all 1degree stong in loft and lie angles were all over the place. 3 wedges from same order were spot on.

all major brands have tolerances of +/_ 1degree for lie and 2degree for loft

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Sorry to hijack an old thread here but where did you get this done?

Looking for one around Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 34 soverybored1878

I posted about lie angle a few days ago. I was badly fitted into some irons and needed go 2 degrees upright.

I went into The Golf Studio in Celbridge Driving Range and they did it for me there and then. I was in and out in 10 minutes. Was a fiver per club.

Couldn't recommend them enough, brilliant little place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭newport2

Got them done in the Spawell, phone ahead if you want them done while you wait.

• Advertisement
Advertisement