Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 6a coming from a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro

Options
  • 02-01-2023 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭

As above, I'd be coming from a Redmi Note 10 Pro and looking to get a Pixel 6a. Prices around for it are decent at €359 in Argos or Currys.

Reason being I switched to a 5g plan (as it's the same price as my current plan) and the Xiaomi is only 4g. Plus the camera on the Xiaomi is actually crap despite it being 108mp.

The only thing I can see that I might miss from the Xiaomi is it has up to 120hz screen whereas the Google has only 60hz.

Otherwise, am I right in saying the Google phone will be way ahead of the Xiaomi in every other aspect? If not I might keep the Xiaomi another whole as I only have it around a year.

Other option is Google Pixel 7, 256gb, in Currys at €649. But, I don't really like spending that much on a phone! And again, from comparisons, only difference I see with the 6a is the 7 has 90hz, otherwise I doubt I'd notice much of the other differences.

Any other thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭TheRona

I honestly don't see the point in 5G. I wouldn't base a phone choice on it anyway. From what I've seen, it increases battery drain and offers no noticeable speed difference. I've ended up switching my phones back to only using 4G for these reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Ok thanks. I'll stick with the Xiaomi for another few months so!

Advertisement