Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Window & Door Trickle Vents

• 01-01-2023 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All

We bought a house which had been lying idle since 2007. All windows and Doors were installed and there was no damp or signs of damp in the property. We installed a full new heating system with aluminium radiators to work off an air to water heating unit. I'm currently researching positive input ventilation and I am planning on sealing all the original wall vents.

The part at which I'm struggling with is the window trickle vents. They are larger than most I have previously seen. And to replace them it would mean replacing the full pane of double glazing glass due to the style of vent they are. I have attached photos of the vent inside and out and I'm wondering has anyone encountered these vents or sealed these up the supplier i belive was grady joinery from old stickers i have seen. All I can see online is people saying the put tape over them. However I would like a more permanent solution. Any advice more than welcome. Thanks.

Advertisement