Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Aldi/ Ambiano air dryer problems. Has anyone experience of this one?

Options
  • 01-01-2023 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

I bought this Air fryer on the 22nd of December. It appeared to work fine until I zapped some veggies in a microwave and put them into the air fryer to crisp and brown.

After loading the air fryer the temperature and time adjustments just took off, incrementing upward with no input from myself or obvious cause.

By unplugging the fryer I was able to intercept the settings at an acceptable point and when started on the heat cycle it was stable and behaved normally.

At the end of the cook time the thing seemed better but still incremented time and temperature, but not as fast and without the random symbols displayed earlier.

I suspect it was condensation on the control board or if the interface is optical, condensation on the inside of the glass where touch control is sensed, as operating the unit empty cleared the fault.

The air vents/ circulation fan was working and I have used the unit since using cold food with no problem.

My concerns are though that there should be no vapour/ moisture path to the control PCB or optics in particular as there is no obvious vent for the electronics on the device.

I think a warranty return is the most satisfactory, the unit is supposed to be guaranteed for three years, but I would feel more confident with a conventional electromechanical controlled device after the experience.

Has anyone any experience or views on the matter please?

SK

Advertisement