Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch roll options

• 30-12-2022 6:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking that it's time I buy myself a watchroll. Now those Louis Vuitton ones are off the table for a couple of reasons😉 Stupid money for what is a glorified pencil case! And, the LV one doesn't seem to have dividers between the watches. Seems to be an invitation to dings.

Ideally 4/5 watch case, on the off chance we do a bit of extended travelling later this year once herself is finished treatment.

I'm willing to stretch to a €200 budget( but less would be better) and would love if anyone knows anyone in Ireland doing them? I've asked Mishnoc if they do any and am awaiting an answer.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I have a Mirage watch roll that I’ve used for last year or so .I admit I first seen it advertised by the forums favourite youtuber but it’s actually very good .Has the proper dividers and keeps the watches nice and secure.Packaging and presentation is way above its €70 price point and is on Amazon so a hassle free & quick purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,932 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Can't believe I'd not heard of them before. Fits the bill perfectly. Thank you!

I have a mirage watch roll in my Amazon basket ready to go but, in the interim 😉

I had a few quid credit sitting in my AliExpress account and after some searching over there I found a lad claiming to offer real leather, 3 slot watch roll for €19 delivered. On top of that, free personalisation too 🤔

I've stuck an order in and thankfully it's shipped before China grinds to a halt for lunar New year. Will throw up photos and a review when it arrives.

Link below 👇 if anyone wants a look. I don't know if it's an affiliate nor how to remove if it is.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMAtMr0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Looking at watches in watch rolls and boxes with no dividers gives me anxiety . I can hear the clinking of watches touching each other ..not good

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

I have that exact one, got it on Wish a few years ago. For the money I'm very happy with it. Unless you have very big wrists it will be secure on the pillow, can't see it moving around TBH. I have used it a few times when traveling and no issues to report so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭traco

Thought I'd throw this in here in case it was of interest. Not a roll and very cheap. I usually wear the IWC when traveling but would put one of the Seiko's and the smart watch in my carry on. Wanted something very compact as space is always a priority so thought I'd try a pouch thing.

Little tight on my strap and I think my wrist is close to 8" but does the job. Its very snug in the pouch but it closes. Material is soft but not super quality. Bought two on Amazon delivered for €8.00 so can't complain. Definitely better than a sock.

This watch roll was delivered yesterday. 8 know Pablo mentioned having the same one.

I am actually very pleasantly surprised by the quality of this. Far better than I have any right to expect for €19.

It's genuine leather, well stitched and the cushion is substantial enough that the lack of dividers aren't a problem for my watched.

The one thing I'd knock it for, is the particularly heavy logo embossing of a nonsense company name "contacts family" is legible from space 😉 whilst my own laser etched moniker is light but visible.

I was going to share some photos but it would totally doxx me, not that I'm all that anonymous anyway.

TL,DR; Quite a decent option for less than €20.

Advertisement