Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechargeable battery upgrade advice for solar pond pump

Options
  • 30-12-2022 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on this subject that might be able to give some advice?

I have a small solar powered pond aerator pump which has a Li-ion battery in it that is due for replacement & I'm wondering if whilst I'm replacing it, I could perhaps get a different battery with higher aMH which may store more power so the pump runs longer when the solar panel is not receiving enough light. Or may even provide a small amount more oomph! as the air output from the pump is really quite lame.

It basically works by the solar panel supplying more power than the pump needs to run & the excess power charges & is stored in the battery & is then released when the solar panel is not getting enough light to power the pump.

The original battery spec is as follows: • li-ion • 18650 • 1500mAh • 3.7Vdc

& pump/panel specs here:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭reboot

Interesting in that I just posted about perhaps the need for a Battery basics thread.

If you have a means of joining two 18650 batteries in parallel, you'll get twice the available current,but voltage will stay the same and pv will charge both.

Connect positive to positive and negative to negative. Plug and play,good lucknin summer.

Just to digress slightly I repaired a solar pv pond pump recently, worked like yours,but no battery!

Just a capacitor!

Advertisement