Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What were they thinking?

Options
  • 26-12-2022 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So I am currently watching Knight Rider season 4. I seen them all as a kid and loved them then but you see things different when you are younger. I have so far enjoyed the first 3 seasons yes some of the action is terrible and then same with the acting in parts and the directing but for the most part it's enjoyable but then they go and ruin season four and KITT with Super Persuit Mood and EBS lol basically airbrakes as well as tgat stupid C button and convertible mood.

So what happened? Did they just have a bigger budget all of a sudden and decide to waste it on these stupid add ons.

For me season 2 is the best. Season 3 could have been but its a bit ropey in the beginning and season 4 is just ruined with all the stupid add ons to kit. It might have been the best except for that.

So what shows have you watched recently that get ruined with something stupid in a new season?

They can be old or new shows. They need at least two seasons do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

it definitely lost something from that season onwards, must have been becoming more popular by season 4, and there was probably a lot of competition from other programs such as the a-team, blue thunder, airwolf, night rider etc etc etc. knight rider pilot is actually very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Count Dracula

When they introduced Ryan Tubridy onto the Late Late Show. mother a christ... like what the actual phuck was that all about? That show was watchable before that came along.

What's the deal with him anyway, he is excruciatingly bland, lacks credible empathy with any quests. Can no one just stop it happening?

If Angela Scanface becomes the first female presenter of the LL I am gonna highjack a wing of the studio and raise hell for 48 hours... or until the Rangers Cobra Squad shoot me, whatever comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes exactly and all Super Persuit Mood done was make Kitt less aerodynamic. Kitt could already do 300mph lol if super pursuit mood was any good kitt should have been able to do 500mph but no it's still only 300mph lol. So it's just a gimic and a silly one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I watched the prison episode one couple days ago and Kitt was doing some ridiculously unbelievable sh1t. Opening prison doors n all.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

And what about the bad Kitt , I remember an episode with an evil Kitt. God it really was ahyte

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Jumping the Shark is the moment when an established Long Runner series changes in a significant manner. This can range from a relatively small change, like the introduction of a new gimmick, to a radical one, like a Genre Shift. The point is that the show feels the need to update in order to hold the fanbase. But it usually has the opposite effect — the viewers realize that the show has finally run out of ideas. It's reached its peak; it'll never be as good again; it has nowhere to go but down. In other words, it's Ruined FOREVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

That was all downhill once Gaybo left. Feck sake. I think they should clone Gaybo or make a robotic version of him to take over the show

• Registered Users Posts: 15,574 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes I remember that.

I think I know the one you are on about. Yes Kitt can open locks lol. He does it all the time.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Brady Bunch - fifth and final season was ruined by the introduction of Cousin Oliver. He only appeared in six episodes but tainted the show forever.

Airwolf - fourth season writes out the original cast. Not really canon.

The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries - had a great first season with both strands getting equally billing. Second one started well but gradually Nancy got sidelined. Pamela Sue Martin left and was re-cast. The third and final season is just Hardy Boys only and wasn't great. The DVD set of that one looks awful too.

Shows that are cancelled abruptly tended to have unmemorable final seasons (usually with fewer episodes) - e.g. The Rockford Fiies, The Incredible Hulk.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Cousin Oliver, that little b@llocks. See also that blond kid in the final series of Diffrent Strokes.

• Advertisement

I saw that again recently. Two hobos steal bad Kitt and go on a crime wave then he goes out of control . Ridiculous but fun

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,585 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ah, Knight Rider….loved that 1980s show as a young lad.

Looking back now, Kitt’s capabilities were a tad ridiculous…one episode where Michael (the Hoff in a younger incarnation) found some paint chips off a car that he was chasing, dropped them into some panel on the console, Kitt analyses them and was instantly able to tell Michael with fancy early computer graphics on the screen the make, model, year and registration details of the car they were looking for! 😁😂

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

One word……………………

Airwolf.

The KITT of the sky.

(BTW, bad KITT was called KARR)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭PommieBast

Few months back watched a clip that mentioned things like how much storage KITT had. Gigabytes are nothing these days.. 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭circadian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'm rewatching it every Saturday evening. The Turbine 40th Anniversary Blu Ray edition - it's never looked better. Completely restored and uncut with the original music when it first aired on NBC. The series is on 20 BDs, with three bonus discs, and includes bonus features about the series and the Knight Rider 2000 and Knight Rider 2010 movies in SD. Also in SD are all 22 episodes of the series Team Knight Rider. Well worth it IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gigantic09

Thought Peep Show had gone down hill in the last couple series.Making Jeremy gay was just absurd considering the lengths he would go to ,to shag anything in a skirt up to that point.

When Superhans tried to give up crack and alcohol,now that was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Prison Break didn't need that fifth season which ruined it, they should have left it at season 4.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Armin Tamzarian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Scooby Doo when they brought in Scrappy Doo.

Couldn't stand that little sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭pgj2015

The wire seasons 4 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭PommieBast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Just thinking back on it, why did Michael always insist on driving. Surely KITT being a super computer it would have got 100% driving efficiency out of the car?!

But yeah agree OP, that super pursuit looked woeful, wasn't it some street gang young lads that implemented the change? Still it could have been worse the last reboot with Val Kilmer voicing KITT, the car could change into a pick up truck at the drop of the hat!

The final series of the A-Team when they were joined by that guy with the ponytail and they were no longer being pursued by the government.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pinky, Elmyra & the Brain

• Registered Users Posts: 35 PP Lee

The last season of Friday Night Dinner. The quality had dipped horribly by then.

Advertisement