Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How common are these illegal X96 android dream boxes?

Options
  • 24-12-2022 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Warning - no illegal discussion

So are TV licensing crowd trying to do anything to catch out the folks who sell these? Just curious as the what percentage of households in Ireland have one now? Are Sky trying to do anything? They seem too good to be true. I'm not saying it's right, but there is no disincentive. My sister's after getting one. I'm not implying that any boardsies own such things, but perhaps your neighbours do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭Gusser09

I work with 10 lads. 8 of us have them.

Sssshhhhhh...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

There's three of them in our house. Not the x96, other ones, it's not a true android box and performs like garbage compared to other boxes. But yeah I know what you mean.

To be honest the service you buy matters more than the actual box. Get a good service and they'll run multiple servers in multiple countries and when ones under attack they go down for a few minutes and then pop up again in a different country. Fairly impossible to stop.

Shur what can the licencing do about it? These things are rarely run from Ireland.

I've no issues using them, I'm not doing anything wrong, if I didn't have them I sure as **** wouldn't give sky the money they want every month for their own service, id just go without. Sky aren't losing money from me.

I have one. It allows me to see Italian channels not available on VM

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rosalinda Eyes

I've noticed that with a lot of the movies that I've watched over the last two years, that whenever I go back to watch them, it nearly always displays 'playback error'. Who's taken these down?

• Advertisement

Well, if you're trying to use kodi or something, the trick is to pay e15 for 6 months of real debrid..then everything works..

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rosalinda Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

This entire thread has to be a joke.

Why would the TV license inspector go after them? They aren't TVs!

Does sky go after your phone? Same operating system, same apps, same technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭larchielads

And by the way the boxes aren't illegal it's what you do with it that counts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rampant, and have been for years, broadcasters have very limited abilities in stopping them, theyd probably have to shutdown most of their current broadcasting methods, including the internet, in order to stop them, so, happy viewing! viewing rights would have been more so in the public domain in the past, but large broadcasters over the decades have been using their abilities to buy up these rights, ultimately for financial gains, so..... oh and no one on boards has them, just saying!

I wouldnt pay the money sky or vm look for but i do pay 70 a month for broadband.

In my opinion the prices being charged go directly to propping up the already rich. Look at footballers for example. They all see a significant chunk of the revenue sky take in. Or the analysts. Keane or neville on 7 figures a year.

No thanks. In my book its another tax going directly to the rich.

I'll rip it off.

Its near on impossible for them to stop iptv.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I tried a few but never could get them to work properly, freezing, loading loading loading.... My next door neighbour has had one for years and it works perfectly, all the fights, soccer matches, you name it he had it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

a lot of sh1te servers out there, but theres a handful of good ones, worth it, apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,547 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The level of service and reliability for IPTV very much depends on the server rather than the box.

There's a whole lot more that even a moderately well specced android box & Kodi or Plex can do, versus say a dedicated mag box or smart TV app.

That said, I'm running a couple of Nvidia shields that are over 7yrs old now and still the best KODI platform I've used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

that box itself looks pony, the reason most people try these and give up is they get a crap service wether its for iptv or accessing a library of films and box sets it is all about the provider and the quality of the customer service provided, i got the nvidia shield pro recently very cheap on amazon to replace my 2017 shield

The internet isn’t for everyone

You need to persevere until you find a decent provider. Word of mouth.

Advertisement