Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone switched to iPhone?

Options
  • 24-12-2022 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭

I've been on Android ever since BlackBerry died a slow death - from the days of HTC Hero, OnePlus One (nothing has come close since in terms of value & performance), Google Pixel, several different Xiaomis and most recently a OnePlus 8T which I've never taken to and is now due to be replaced.

I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable and moving to the iPhone 14. Reasoning being a bit fed up of different versions of Android making a phone worse, I'd like to try some of the add ons with an iPhone (air tags, air pods and an Apple watch) and just wanting to try something different.

Has anyone done the same and how did you find it? Only thing putting me off for now is the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

I hear you.

I had the HTC Desire instead of the Hero, but android since back in the same day. Had Samsung, Sony, Motorola, LG, OnePlus and Pixels too. Running a Xiaomi Mi 11 (full version) for the last year. Great phone hardware, but it's when I get in the car I hate it most. I'm guessing nobody who works for Google's android design team is ever in a car that isn't being driven by somebody else.

Four years ago I could carry on a conversation via text message while driving, make calls, play music. Everything worked. Then Google decided that a non 'gmail' google account was a different thing and everything stopped working reliably. Not that they told me this was why, or offered any way to migrate my purchases to a standard gmail account. Eventually this became less of a problem and Android Auto was pretty good for a while. I never had it on a headunit, just used it on my phone. If you've done the same, you'll be aware that this doesn't work at all anymore. I have a suspicion that the Siri one can handle herself in a car and that might be the final straw. I have a Garmin watch, but I know it'll work exactly the same on iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭eggy81

Jumped over and back between the android and iOS multiple times at this stage. Currently using an iPhone 12 Pro bought a couple of weeks after release and just see no need at all to change it.

Both have their pros and cons with android being a bit more customisable and open to things like free movie apps and sports app etc. Innovation probably a bit slower to be integrated into iPhones too but one thing great about them is everything just works as it should 99% of the time. I’ve invested in a watch and have a lot of files work stuff saved in iOS now so I’m looking at at least another spin on iPhone before considering going back.

Id say just give it a go. No real disadvantage for most people.

Cameras on the pro max versions are unreal.

Advertisement