Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2022

Options
  • 23-12-2022 5:47pm
    Boards.ie Employee Posts: 973 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey All,

The Christmas countdown clock has almost ran out at this stage. The Supermarkets are packed, the turkeys are stuffed and the glasses are polished.

It's been another very busy year here @Boards.ie. There always so much going on thanks to the fact that there is such a large, diverse, inclusive and helpful community here. It's been a huge learning curve for me personally. I joined the team here in November and as I'm sure everyone knows I had some very big shoes to fill. Niamh left the team here early this Month and has been sorely missed around here since. I had the opportunity to learn from her before she left and for that I am hugely thankful.

We are so grateful to those of you who have stuck with us throughout the year, some of whom were offline for a time and came back and to our new members which there are quite a number of even since my arrival. We couldn't run the site without our volunteer mods, cmods and admins so a very heartfelt and huge thank you goes out to you guys in particular. There is a wealth of knowledge amongst you and a huge sense of pride in what you do here. There has also been a lot of changes with the mods, cmods and admins teams right up until this week. We would like to wish them luck and a very warm welcome to them in their new roles. All of these roles are completely voluntary so thank you for your time. Thank you to everyone for your wonderful contributions, your kindness, helpfulness and generosity to fellow members and your support, feedback and patience throughout the year. We hope that with all this continued active involvement from everyone on site, we can keep improving the Boards experience for 2023 and beyond.

Things are almost wrapped up here at HQ. I think everyone deserves some time off so be patient over the next couple of weeks as mods, cmods, admin and staff take some time away to spend with friends, family and pets.

It's a magical time of year with social gatherings, parties and events. But for some this time of year can be very difficult. It can be hard for some people and especially if or when we cannot see loved ones. If you are finding things difficult and need some extra help and support around this time, then there is a list of helplines and emails which you can access here. Information for those in need of a little extra help *READ OP BEFORE POSTING* — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

I think that is all I have to say to wave off 2022 and welcome a brand new year. Happy Christmas to those who celebrate it and enjoy the break if you're lucky enough to have one, I know a lot of people still have to soldier on to keep the show on the road :)

Stay safe and stay well.

All the very best,

Mike & all on the Boards.ie team

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement