Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home server died (Old Dell T5500), want to build a new one but sure what to buy

Options
  • 22-12-2022 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just looking for some suggestions here.

My Dell T5500 finally bit the dust yesterday afternoon... it server'ed me well but it looks like the Main board is busted.

I was thinking on buying some 2nd had gear but I'd rather just build something myself.

I've no idea what to buy though

I have built my own gaming PC that was at the time (last year), very high end. It is complete overkill for what I need though in terms of a server

I want to host dedicated gaming servers for the following: Space Engineers, Farming Simulator, Factorio, Satisfactoy, NAS Storage, Dya-DNS etc.

I will not be using the server for gaming itself. So ideally I want a CPU with an integrated graphics, which I think rules out a lot of AMD stuff, which is preferable in my mind. (I do have a very old small Display card I could use though I suppose)

I want a beefy enough CPU, DDR5 Ram, Case with big fans on the front and an AIO Radiator Cooler for the CPU

I do not want RGB and no Glass.

Cheaper the better.

Comments

Advertisement