Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

93 Mazda 323 LX 1.3

Options
  • 22-12-2022 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

HI All

I have a 93 Mazda as my daily runner that just failed the nct on a leaky exhaust, 2 rear shocks and a hole in the wheel arch.

Shes my daily runner and pride and joy so want to keep her on the road but I cant source parts anywhere which is to be expected.

It'd be a shame to scrap it as the engine is still solid.

I'm hoping that there maybe someone here who might know someone or point me in some direction to source parts?

I would be extremely grateful for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If motorfactors can't get anything for you then I'd try websites like winparts or even Facebook groups are very handy for that

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Must be an nct thing for mazdas. I had an exact same car fail for the exact same faults. Shocks , leaky exhaust and a small nail size hole in the bottom of the wheel arch. Even though the computer found perfect results for all four shocks, alignment front and back axle, their fail for the shocks was visual. tester said they appeared to be the original shocks and probably were due to be changed😲

I was shocked and blew a gasket with the tester, but left anyway.

Great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭doh777

Summerhill Spares - Malahide road.

Or go online. Autodoc or similar.

Advertisement