Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling down station for dies.

Options
  • 22-12-2022 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Would anyone have experienced about a station that will monitor the cooling down of hot dies.

I have dies, small 15mm dia and 200mm long that come out of a machine very hot. From a H&S point of view the lads using them don't know when they have cooled down.

I'm wondering if there is something off the shelf I could buy or,I'm think get a brass block made to hold the dies and attach probes and a temperature gauge so they can read a temtemp any ideas ?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I suppose the most simple thing you could do is use a infrared thermometer gun and train people to use it. Signage in the area something like "do not handle if above x degrees". Not sure that would be quite safe enough but might be the simplest option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Ya that was suggested and tried. The problem is the gun developed legs and moved around. We want something more permanent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

A gauge that is just handle/no handle, instead of Go/no Go, would be better than one that gives the temperature alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Mech1

Simple solution would be to almost sink your brass holding tubes in another tube filled with candle wax.

When wax has returned to solid should be safe to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Don't understand what you mean, I v use go/no go but never seen handle/no handle

• Advertisement
Advertisement