Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gout arthritis consultant

Options
  • 22-12-2022 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭

Hi

i have had many episodes of gout in the past. I have gout tophi build up on the left toe. I was wondering if anyone has successfully removed this naturally.

alternatively if you can recommend a good consultant to get an overall review. I’ve managed to keep attacks at bay for a while now but the damage from previous attacks is there on the left big toe.

I personally found black cherry juice the most effective remedy when hit with an attack.

thx

Post edited by riddles on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭riddles

Following up on my own post here. Got to see a consultant he prescribed Colchicine and Allipurinol for six months. One to prevent gout whilst the allopurinol reduces the uric acid.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

I have the same problem...used to be on colchinine and given allpurinol instead..was told they were not giving colchinine anymore longterm as it is toxic

I’m on it for four months along with 300 allopurinol then pending the blood test and uric acid < 360 it’s just allopurinol from then on.

Update here most recent blood test reading 322 for uric acid no gout since I started Allipurinol and colchicine because the uric acid is down I can drop the colchicine and maintain the allopurinol. My left big toe joint was becoming immobile- mobility has been restored which is a secondary positive.

Advertisement