Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Big Shots"

Options
  • 22-12-2022 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭

You know the types, im not talking mega rich here, im talking about someone with a fairly big house, maybe a brand new range rover, a medium sized business, he blows about things he owns, she wears her designer clothes, fair enough but they go around with their noses in the air, talk down to people they think aren't as good as them. I can never figure it out, like why do these people think they are so great? People who have way more money than them don't usually act in anyway like that.

Its all borrowed money as well. I can't stand it when they boast to me about their great holidays, cars, clothes, boats. I could have all that if I wanted but I wouldn't be bragging to some stranger about it.

To me they have to be the worst type of people we have in the country, there is just nothing to them whatsoever, horrible people with no souls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Well, you went uptown riding in your limousine, with your fine Park Avenue clothes.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 34,660 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You kind of are bragging to strangers about it though, aren't you?

I much rather Hot Shots. Charlie sheen was sublime in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

He was great in that Vietnam film too, with Marlon Brando.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭BrianD3

There are a lot of them about, I find that they (the men) often work in sales, marketing or management roles in multinationals. Women love them. They marry them and then moan that they work long hours and arent around much for the children - yet these women would never consider dating a man who works in a lower paid but more "family friendly" job.

These big shots generally have a permanent smug expression on their faces. The w*nker on the Guinness Christmas ad who says "don't forget to turn the lights off" has the sort of look I'm thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Whaddya think you are some kinda big shot?!

Nobody is bEyOnD tHe LaW.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm one of those people you describe. I have a wife and two girls on the side. Many times I'd ride the three of them in the same day. I can never get enough action. It's all about image and getting them euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Are you talking about Apocalypse Now? That was his father, Martin Sheen. Charlie Sheen was in Platoon with Tom Berenger and Willem Dafoe.

As for the topic, the people described in the OP are just narcissists. I don't have much love for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,575 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's not all milk and honey at the top OP. If you want Miss Piggy, you can have her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭jetsonx

From my experience, this type of couple usually grew up in a council estate and had a tough upbringing.

Now, they have money, they will boast. I strongly suspect this is done to mask a sense of inferiority.

Luckily, Ireland does not have too many. In somewhere, like Essex, that is their spiritual home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8Kum8OUTuk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

The celtic tigers always bring them out of the woodwork though

I’m a 21st century boycie

Advertisement