Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grounding bolt on a domestic appliance

Options
  • 21-12-2022 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello

I bought a stainless steel food warmer that has come with an integrated three pin plug plus a grounding bolt that is apparently also to be connected to a natural earth.

I've seen these sort of grounds on an immersion but that is it in a domestic setting.

Is this ok, and any tips on the best way to ground something like that if it is only being taken out and used every few months??

I'm a bit worried about the build quality and the instructions are not filling me with confidence!!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

That's probably a connection for bonding kitchen stuff together

You probably don't need to do anything with that

I would be checking continuity between the plug earth and the frame of the food warmer anyhow to make sure it's earthed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭meercat

Not a requirement for domestic installations so I wouldn’t worry about it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mickie smyth

Thanks both of you

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mickie smyth

Just in case anyone ever comes back to this, it worked out fine. No need for earthing the grounding bolt in these circumstances — plus the food heater worked a trick.

Advertisement