Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incapacitated Child Tax Credit - Backdated Payment

Options
  • 21-12-2022 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hello Everyone,

My daughter has congenital deafness and we got report from the doctor in October 2022 and incapacitated child tax credit was added to my account at the beginning of this month. My tax credit was increased +3300 Euros but it is not added to my December Salary payslip(I do not know if it will be added to next salary). I called the revenue and a lady told me that it can not be backdated.

I started to work in Ireland at the beginning of 2022 and my family came to Ireland from another EU country in August 2022. How should I proceed? Do we still have that right to get backdated payment?

Any advice or comments would be most appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

It was too late in the active tax year to have it impact your 2022 pay. The tax year runs January to December. After the end of the year, file a tax return for 2022 via your Revenue MyAccount. In filing the return the incapacitated child credit will be used to recalculate the tax you were due to pay for 2022. Depending on your circumstances, this should mean a refund to you.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/jobs-and-pensions/end-of-year-process/index.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sundodger5

I may be wrong but depending on your daughters age you may be able to claim this for previous years. I.E if your daughter is now 4 but the condition existed since birth you can clain that credit from the date of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

Only if tax was paid in those years in Ireland. OP is new to country.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Atlasden

Thank you for the replies. I started to work in 2022 and paid taxes for this year, so any tax credits will be only for 2022.

Advertisement