Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pinocchio - too scary for kids?

Options
  • 21-12-2022 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭

I saw the Disney Pinocchio as a quite young child - probably 6 or 7 - and did not enjoy it at all, to the extent that I have avoided the story ever since. I am not sure I was scared exactly, I think I was more depressed by it than scared. Would I go and see the new version, as an adult? I doubt it, going to depressing films is not something I would choose to do. Though I gather it is primarily Netflix so the decision might be easier if it does not involve a significant trip to the nearest cinema. I suspect if you once get hooked it might be compelling viewing.

So, who is the new film aimed at? The Director says he made it for himself, but would you take children to it, would you watch it yourself? Or is it an art piece to be watched for its cultural value rather than the plot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

As terrifying as the 1978 BBC version?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Gamergurll

I have to say I absolutely hated the remake, though not purely for the nightmare fuel, I think I'm similar to you op and watched and hated it as a child, though it was because it scared me 😂 the remake is quite scary too I thought although my kids weren't too bothered by it! Scary kids movies is not a new thing though, like the post above and the Charlie and the chocolate factory with Gene Wilder, and I don't know if I was just a wimp as a kid but these films did frighten me, I don't know if kids today are more risiliant, maybe because there's a lot more cartoons and that since we were kids, some of the stuff on cartoon channels can be quite violent 😐

Advertisement