Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending purchase authorisation codes to mobile phones... which don't exist

Options
  • 21-12-2022 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

My mobile is broken. I'm trying to purchase a new mobile. I'm using my credit/debit card to purchase it online. Bank of Ireland sends me a code to my BofI app on my mobile phone. I ring them up via the house phone and explain that I cannot access that code on my mobile phone. Instead of asking me the usual security questions and giving me the purchase code, the girl tells me I have to buy a phone and download the app. Eh. Em.

I've been a BofI customer since 1983, when I got a yellow BofI bicentenary piggy bank from the local bank manager. My mortgage, car insurance and house insurance happen to be with it. Could somebody at the other end of the Banking 365 phone not exercise a bit of cop on with an issue like this?

Comments

Advertisement