Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BER price?

Options
  • 20-12-2022 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m just wondering what is the going rate/fair price for the above on a mid-terrace townhouse circa. 75 sq. metres?

Comments

€175 for a 90m sq mid terrace a couple of months ago. Some were looking for 250 or so too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

€200/€220 (more so €220) seems to be the price now from a few phonecalls I’ve made which seems mad for 30 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I paid €225 for a one-bed apartment recently.

That was in Dublin, down country might be slightly cheaper.

But because they're needed for rentals and sales, they kind of have a captive market.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Dublin.

Paid €250 in 2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Get one where they are going to come back and walk around with you explaining in detail their recommendations. Leave them alone while they are on the first site visit , but none of this walk into the house once, take a few measurements and upload a computer generated report. Make them actually work for you. Make them come back with their reports and explain it properly to your face on the site along with what they are recommending needs to be changed to improve BER.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭dontmindme

From the horses mouth - BER prices can vary a lot depending on square footage but also on alterations/extensions made to the original building or any conditions that make it more than a straightforward report.

Advertisement