Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terry Hall - RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Jesus, just 63?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Omg. Ah bless. Sad to hear that. Love that music. Great lyrics. RIP Terry Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,229 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

RIP Terry. Much too young. One of the first I really admired in music in my early teens.

Won't be forgotten

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

So sad. Brilliant artist and band who captured a mood and a generation like no other. What an incredible inventive place the UK was musically. He had a very tough childhood too. May he rest in peace.

Really shocking. A very talented man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

The lunatics have taken over the asylum by fun boy three was a genius song and so apt for nowadays.

Brilliant musician and songwriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

But two o'clock has come again

It's time to leave this paradise

Hope the chip shop isn't closed

Cos' their pies are really nice

I'll eat in the taxi queue

Standing in someone else's spew

Wish I had lipstick on my shirt

Instead of piss stains on my shoes

The Specials, the sound of my youth growing up in Thatchers Britain. Incredibly sad.

RIP Terry Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

RIP

Very saddened by this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

RIP Terry .

Loved him still had a beautiful voice ..last 2 gigs saw them at Olympia 2019 and last July Trinity Sessions.

Always amazing, songs of my youth .

63 " Much too young " 😪

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

RIP Terry, never managed to catch him live, he played at Electric Picnic 2007 with the Dub Pistols in a tiny tent called Trends, but it clashed with the Stooges on the main stage, which I don't regret. The Specials never made it to EP which was unfortunate although they did play Oxegen in 2009.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement

His Specials bandmate Horace confirmed it was pancreatic cancer. Horrendous. Absolutely heartbreaking. It's a positive that Terry's suffering is over, but what a void he leaves.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭skaface

Enjoy yourself.. It's later than you think. RIP Terry, soundtrack of my youth and of a generation.. Glad to have seen The Specials on a few occasions.. What a unique and brilliant front man he was, His passing has knocked me for six..

Advertisement