Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Happy Christmas 2022

• 19-12-2022 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Just wanted to wish a Very Happy and Healthy Christmas and New Year to all O & O's, both present, and those who have moved on and those who can't join us for whatever reason. Who's still hanging around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Time flies. Where did that year go?

Happy Christmas all. 🎅☃🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

Thank you Jelly! Yes time accelerates as we get on in years, certainly feels like it now... not just the year but the covid time. Looking forward to a more normal Christmas this year, may we all be well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Happy Christmas everyone!

How are ye all doing? Having avoided all the covid stuff for the last few years our Christmas is busily falling apart - the Galway people are sick with the rather ferocious cold that is circulating, and can't come till later next week. The chief dinner maker on the Waterford Copper Coast is down with it as of today. I am sniffling a bit but ok, and since I was to take lunch it may turn out to be dinner, I think the goose may get thrown into the freezer till next weekend.

Happy New Year!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happily acclimatised to solitude at these times. Any infection is out. .

I get as much pleasure from incidental meetings now. Yesterday my neighbour;s brother who I have met before AND one of his sisters ( family of eight) came and we exchanged gifts and greetings over the big gate... A happy occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I look forward to the quiet post christmas time, when table can be devoted to the humongous jigsaw...Sniffles and covid are lurking about so goodness knows how the big day will pan out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Sorry about all your woes Looksee, hope the bugs will pass quickly, there's a lot of it around but thankfully all in this house are still in good health so far! Full steam ahead for the Christmas Big Eat! Not really looking forward to it, it's a lot of work for the cook but thankfully there are other hands available. Like Cobham I prefer the post-Christmas calm when there's not so much effort needed. Take care friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Happy Christmas Jellybaby! Not really woes, it will all sort itself and if that's the worst we have to worry about then there's not much wrong! (says she who is not sick 😀). My post came over more gloom than I intended. I am sitting having a peaceful cup of tea before things get started. Have a lovely day all!

Advertisement