Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android 12 vs. Windows 10, best of 3 falls?

Options
  • 18-12-2022 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭

For the first time, I connected my Android 12 Samsung A53 5G to my windows PC via a USB cable.

The results were sort of spectacularly bad. The phone wasn't recognized by the PC at all, and on the phone, there was a repeatedly, say every 10 or so seconds apart, popup about USB access that disappeared almost immediately, looks like it was asking for permission to do something. I was hoping I'd be able to copy down videos, etc. directly rather than bluetooth since that's very slow.

Any ideas? Not sure whose drivers are out of date, but I think it is a driver problem unless there's some configuration I haven't done.

An older Android phone works fine in this scenario, plug it in, copy files to and fro.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sounds like a dodgy cable or connection to me, have you tried different cables or even turning them around a bit? Might need to enable some developer options.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

just bought new cable

Will try on another computer thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I'll vote for a dodgy cable. Try one from Anker, Aukey, or ugreen. In my experience they have got great cables, but they will cost close to 10-15 euro for longer ones. It is worth it though as the 2€ cables don't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

FWIW just moved the cable to a different port and everything's working fine.

I've heard that can fix things in the past, always attributed it to 'computer voodoo' thinking but mechanical connections do wear out.

Advertisement