Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Separated

• 16-12-2022 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I separated from my husband back in June 2022, we still live under the same roof but it's getting unbearable. I am the only one working , he doesn't get any social payments or anything. I am sleeping on a blow up bed in the sitting room which is very degrading. I have seeked advice about trying to move out but I don't know if my husband will let me take the kids with me. And if I leave the house without the kids it will be worse. We have 6 kids ,24,21,16,14,11,9 , he has turned the older 2 kids against me. He also told my dad about the separation when I told him I wanted to tell him. He also told tye kids while I was out with friends that we were separating even though we said after my counselling sessions we will tell them together. My friend has offered me a room in her house to sleep comfortably on days that I'm working, but when I said it to my husband he said oh so your leaving ur kids now. He takes half of my working family payment saying its half his, he also takes half of tye children's allowance saying that's his too. I also give him mist of my wages for the food shopping. I have met someone too, someone who wants to be with me. But me still living in the same house as my husband isn't good for my new relationship. I dont know how to leave my house or what to do about my kids.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Shauna677

You are in an unbearable situation. It sounds like your husband is manipulating you. He's not working, you are and he's taking most of your money. The older two are old enough to move out and live on their own.

You really need to see a family law solicitor. I wish you well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved to a forum that's related to the topic instead.

Advertisement