Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eshop 3DS/Wii U closing in March 2023 - What to buy?

• 16-12-2022 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭

As you're all aware the 3DS and Wii U eShops are finally getting shut down come March 2023 and taking with them a few exclusives. I thought it might be handy to pool recommendations as every 'must-buy' list mentions the same handful of games constantly and doesn't really do justice to the digital libraries on both systems.

I've my eye on Level 5's Guild series of releases, Hana: Art of Samurai & Ninja Usagimaru on the 3DS side. It's also your last stab at any DSiWare you might have missed first go around. Also gotta pick up the GBA version of Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros 3 on the Wii U as Nintendo went and stuck the e-Reader levels on there.

Also, goes without say, but a lot of housekeeping to do for any Pokemon fans between Pokemon Bank, Poke Transporter and the 'exclusive' content on eShop releases of Yellow and Crystal.

Alternatively, you can just mod and go nuts, but sure look it........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I’ll add Yo-Kai Watch 3 to the list considering I just learned the physical version is now commanding €150 a pop. The 3DS market is hell at the minute.

Sorry to bump, but NIS America/Atlus are having a massive sale on 3DS eShop. I'm talking stuff like Persona Q for €4 kind of sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

If/when Radiant Historia is reduced again make sure to get that it is an amazing enveloping game with fun characters and a rewarding story.

The eshopocalypse has started with Wayforward and a couple others have put their stuff on discount on the 3DS eShop ahead of Monday 27th’s cut-off.

Don’t all trip over each other rushing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

Nintendo Pocket Football club for 3ds. Never took off but its a really good soccer management sim

• Advertisement

Four Horses have gone a step further and just removed the prices entirely for a couple of their games on the 3DS eShop. You can download Kid Tripp and Digger Dan for 100% free. Have bought and played Kid Tripp on the Switch, it’s fun but hard as balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭barryribs

The steamworld dig games are reduced too, well worth it

NiS America have reduced some of their Atlus stuff on the 3DS again. Persona Q and whatnot for pennies, sales running until the eShop's closure on the 27th. Physical versions are still going for absurd money.

It's gone as of later today. I'm sure you'll all be shocked to discover there was little in the way of blowout sales from Nintendo (or many others, to be honest).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,630 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Apparently OK up to 1am tomorrow, so time in the evening for anyone after anything

I'll be honest, there wasn't much that immediately jumped out on either for me personally when I took a run through the eshops that I didn't already have, had physically..........or more to the point, knew there little chance I was going to play if I hadn't by now TBH. With little in the way of really major price drops, I'm not sure buying for buyings sake is for me.

Think I only added Affordable Space Adventures on the WiiU and Phoenix Wright on the 3DS side over the last couple weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

I bought some NES light gun games on the Wii U, Duck Hunt, Wild Gunmen and Hogans Alley, as they are difficult to play otherwise.

On the 3DS I downloaded Pokemon Bank, Pixcross and Shuffle (will probably never use). My only 3DS purchases were Pocket Card Jockey a weirdly addictive card/horse racing game from Game Freak and Link to the Past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

In case anyone was in the same boat as me, you can now redeem download codes again till early in the morning 4 April or so.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/57847

This is from Nintendo US but I was able to redeem all the WiiU ones I had not used and a 3DS theme code (I'd already redeemed the 3DS game codes apparently).

Advertisement