Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching your provider this year?

Options
  • 15-12-2022 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Was there an article recently on elimination of potential annual savings by way of conventional provider-change at the renewal date?

Cause I checked out bonkers/switcher and there's only one provider I could save with, "Flo Gas".

And the saving is significantly less than normal.

Is changing providers and saving not in effect this year?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

Post edited by 2011 on

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There have been no legislative changes. The market has got vastly less competitive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Essentially looking like 900 quid more if i stay with energia next year, can save 240 by going to electric ireland. Thought it would be more of a saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,041 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Must be totally wrong. I'm stuck with Flogas for another few months and the day I'm out of contract I'm leaving. More expensive for gas and ridiculously expensive for electricity. I was going to add my electricity to get bundle savings but it would still work out hundreds more expensive than my ESB plan.

Advertisement