Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Ireland Annual Union Fee

Options
  • 16-12-2022 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭

I see this is €28 for 2023

Has this gone up in price? Can’t remember it ever being €28. Feels pricey enough on top of memberships

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭plumber77

Normally 24 if I remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭phelimb

Yeah, I think it was 24 euro for about 5 or 6 years now.

I know it's only 4 euro but that equates to an approx 17% increase - it's a rich man's game 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

Anyone ever take a look at their accounts? I wonder where their money goes. It's a decent chunk of income. I wonder what their expenses are like.

I'm not suggesting there's an FAI style scandal here or anything. I'm just curious.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Inflation alone 8.9% currently, have you seen commercial cost increases!!

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Other than their app, I don’t know what we’re paying for. Many people on salaries with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭redhill

I’d say a good chunk goes on the tournament’s it organises and also mainly on the Ireland teams, from their coaching (provinces and national level) , to team travel costs etc, all to hopefully produce some good golfers, sort of like those blokes, Lowry, McIlroy, Harrington and the leading lady Maguire, in fairness they haven’t done too bad in this respect over the last 15-20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭phelimb

Yeah, sounds about right. I think a cut goes to the provincial branches also.

2021 report is on their website - https://www.golfireland.ie/governance

Advertisement