Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What Do House & Land Deeds Look Like

• 14-12-2022 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭

I just want to find out if the below are the deeds of the house or are they something completely different? Land deeds are something similar?

I've left out page 6 which is an A3 sized map.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭awsah

that is the folio which shows ownership and burdens

the deeds don't look like anything they are a bundle of documents which contain any number of various documents

eg family home declarations, old deeds of conveyance, leases, prior folios and deeds of transfer, contract for sale, requisitions on title, planning permissions NPPR, LPT, BER cert, letters from county council, to name a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Are the deeds only kept by the family solicitor or should the family have a copy. Asking as there is a potential fair deal application on the horizon and the house/land deeds are a pre-requisite.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭boardlady

Usually only kept by the solicitor or bank (mortgage provider). There are seldom copies kept by the family as it's often a large bunch of documents making up the title. If you need them, family solicitor is your first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,315 ✭✭✭cml387

If the mortgage is paid off the bank will not want to hold on to the deeds. A solicitor might hold them (for a cost). Our deeds I have at home in a firepooof safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,112 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

”Deeds” are effectively a dead letter at this stage where you have registered land unless it is a leasehold which it appears it might be from. 1(a).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,879 ✭✭✭pprendeville

The solicitor has told my Mam that these are the deeds. So who am I to argue with him?

Hoping they won't question this in the fair deals application.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

^^^^^^^^^^^

I love learning stuff on this thread. Very good explanation.

Advertisement