Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permission to destroy a wall inside my home?

Options
  • 09-12-2022 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

In my apartment I have a small kitchen that is attached to a small room with a washing machine/fridge. I was thinking of breaking that small wall to expand the kitchen. Do you need permissions for something like this? It would be a small wall of less than 2m.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

If its internal and not altering external walls then no permission required. On a separate note it would be best get some professional to have a look first in case its a load bearing wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pepino_Man

Thank you very much for the information.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

There are two types of permissions you need to consider.

First is planning, and for a non-load bearing internal wall, this is should not be required.

But you don't "own" the appartment, you lease it, and the lease might have some thing to say about it. You might ask the management company.

Advertisement