Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Expenses - Is this right?

Options
  • 09-12-2022 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

I am self employed, my partner a PAYE worker - we are jointly assessed for tax purposes.

For medical expenses, I claim what I can through my Health care insurance. The remainder I put on my Self Assessed tax submittal.

Began to question if this was right the other day, given my partner is PAYE, or could I also be claiming under a MED 1?

Thanks

RM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

A med 1 these days is putting the expenses through on a tax return in the relevant box.

You should put - total spent by both of ye, amounts reclaimed from insurance and therefore net cost on the form. You are entitled to 20% of the cost after insurance refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Rescueme

Many thanks - this is what I have done on my self assessment. Thanks for that.

Advertisement