Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

She Said

• 08-12-2022 9:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,951 ✭✭✭✭

had a quick look but could not see any thread on this

About the Harvey Weinstein story, and the journalists that brought the story to the masses. Good film. 7.5/10 for me. I also enjoyed Bombshell, about the head of Fox and his very questionable behavior with the attractive female Fox employees. If you enjoyed that you will probably like this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,663 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

A 32million film that has taken in 10m...ouch

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I've just seen this. I don't think it's the sort of film you'd look forward to watching or could say you'd enjoyed watching. It was well written, well acted, and yes, I'd recommend it.

It's no doubt a story that needed to be told. To think of the many disgusting predators out there, on a power trip or whatever it is to them? I'm absolutely lost for words.

Ugliness at its worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,302 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Listened to Mark Kermodes review and am interested in seeing it now. He also talked about the box office....debuting in 2k+ screens for a film like this does seem absolutely bonkers.

Not many people gave two **** about what "She said" in this case

Take “She Said,” a sturdily made look at the pair of crusading New York Times journalists who helped expose Harvey Weinstein’s decades of sexual harassment and assault. The film earned strong reviews and awards buzz, but the Universal Pictures release bombed last weekend, opening to a dismal $2.2 million from 2,022 theaters. That ranks as one of the worst results for a major studio release in history.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭SheepsClothing

Seen this the other day and wasn't impressed for the most part.

It definitely felt like there was a lot of playing the hits, in so far as this is meant to be *the* me too film. There were multiple instances of unnatural dialogue meant to smack you over the head with the messaging, like somebody reading their tweets out loud. I also found the depiction of journalism fell slightly on the side of plastic and self important, in a way that I never found in Spotlight to use an obvious example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭steve_r

Yeah I'd agree with that point about the dialogue - there's quite a few times where the characters talk in a way that's clearly exposition, and would be very unlikely to hear in real life.

I thought the two leads were good but I honestly feel it would have worked better as a documentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,663 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

dont know much about the film, but cant imagine why many people would think this is a good night out, it is documentary material

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Advertisement