Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nct and Engine Management light

Options
  • 07-12-2022 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Will Nct carry out test on car with EML on.Its a petrol car and I know in the past it effected the test on diesel only.The light being on iAnys something to do with the fan sensors and the fan comes on too early.Any help would be appreciated.Its an 05 Toyota Yaris 1.0L

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭User1998

Engine management light doesn’t effect petrol cars, only diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭MrCostington

While I don't know anything re diesel and the light on, I think you should be OK, I have passed with it on.

They now also check OBD error codes etc but seems to be safety and ringing areas. See the last FAQ here:

You should of course get the issue fixed, not just for the fan, but always having the light on may mask a second issue should one occur.

Good luck with the test!

Advertisement