Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Brandon 100k Oil Boiler & Hive Heating Controls

Options
  • 05-12-2022 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am setting looking to add Hive Active Heating to a Stanley Brandon 100k Mk2 Range.

I am hoping to have it control central heating and hot water. I am looking for any/all advice on the wiring before approaching my local sparks who has never done one of these before.

The house is new to me and I think it is a S-Plan heating system as there are seperate motorised valves for Heating/Hot Water but there are no thermostats, just a (unlabelled) double gang switch on the wall that activates either/both valves.

I am looking to bypass the timer on the range (Honeywell ST9400C) and just use the Hive system to control heating. The timer could (idealy) still be used for the cooker controls.

I have figured that the Hive will need to trigger one/both of the motorised valves as needed and trigger the boiler to run but unsure of the schematic.

The wiring diagram of the stanley is as follows:

The Hive Pinout:

Any advice on how to get this wired?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Capt. Insano

Realised that the above wiring diagram was for a Y-Plan system, did more research and found the following wiring diagram for an S-Plan:

I subsequently edited it as I am only going to use 2 zones (one for heating and one for water) fully controlled by Hive to the following:

Can anyone give advice on this?

Does it look OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ElonMusk9

Hi there, did you end up having any success with this? I have a Stanley 80 so hoping to do the same.

Advertisement