Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virus warning while visiting boards.

Options
  • 03-12-2022 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.

Just flagging something. Whenever I visit boards using Firefox, Avast is flagging a virus. Dont know if it is me, you or a false positive.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That site isn't any normal part of or related to boards.ie. What exact page are you visting when that shows? It's possible it's just some has a link to it in a post or signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

When I type in boards.ie, firefox takes me to boards. Then about 20 secs later, I get the virus warning. Weird. Not happening on chrome, only firefox. There is a bit more detail on this screen shot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Open the page that triggers it and get a copy of the source code from it, before the warning goes off, and paste it here as a text file attachment, or a text host like pastebin. It's almost certainly someone innocently linking to an image there.

Advertisement