Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinds 2Go (Also trade as Curtains 2Go)

Options
  • 03-12-2022 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Avoid these absolute pieces of garbage. Hundreds spent on new blue curtains - they send me turquoise curtains and their response can effectively be summed up as "close enough" and are ridiculously trying to argue the "different kind of lights affect colour" lines. Absolute garbage humans working for a grubby little Mickey Mouse outfit.

Blinds 2Go Refused to give a refund so this will be going down the small claims route where they will obviously lose. Who needs that bother? Scummy outfits like Blinds 2Go deserve to be exposed so other people don't get ripped off.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Were these a custom size?

If its an off the peg size they can't refuse a refund at all, as you can return for whatever reason you want under Distance Selling regulations (within a defined time period but I presume this was immediate)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Little Mickey Mouse outfit?

Part of https://www.hunterdouglasgroup.com/ with a turnover of $3,500,000,000 (3.5BILLION) and 23,000 employees. Parent of Hunter Douglas is 3M Ventures part oif 3M group with a market valuation of $70 Billion. Hardly a mickey mouse operation

Most customers rate them 5 star https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.blinds-2go.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I would return under distance selling laws (if not a custom cut), but colour on monitor can greatly differ from colour in real life, where is the link to the product?

They also offer free samples of the material to avoid these issues:

Blinds 2go Free Samples - Blinds 2go Blog (blinds-2go.co.uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Many companies out there are parent owned by larger companies. That doesn't negate the fact that they are small outfit run out of Nottingham with about 50 employees. Nor does it negate my objectively clear experience above, or their subpar reaction to such a legitimate report of false advertising. Would you like to state the above is a "close match" in colour in your own opinion? That after all is the crux of this matter.

Also, most review sites are populated by fake reviews as I'm sure you well know. A quick search of Twitter will show I am not alone in having a negative experience with Blinds 2Go. Likewise a quick look at their "likes" on social media clearly show they are paid likes by bot accounts.

Colour tone can appear slightly different for sure, but fundamentally this is clearly a different colour entirely. No amount of daylight, electrically provided light will alter the above advertised colour to represent what was delivered. Even the titles in the packaging "Alaska Wedgewood" indicate from a Google search that these are different colours. Google images provides samples of a "turquoise" colour far more in line with what was delivered.

• Advertisement

As it stands, this is sitting with a PayPal dispute in the first instance. Then it will be American Express. Following that it will be a letter before action and then a matter for the courts - but all the ducks need to be lined up first. A completely avoidable mess curtesy of Blinds 2Go. If it goes as far as court I'll post the findings here to hopefully help others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Hence asking for the product/sample link to see if it seems in anyway similar here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Also looks like what you received were pin pleat but the ones in the pic were eyelet?

The curtain type was correct for what I wanted (didn't want eyelet for personal preference) but they don't show all the styles, just the colours so that's my only reference photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

you seem to have anger issues and that won't go in your favour.

Trustpilot would be a very trustworthy review site due to how reviews are collected.

You paid by paypal so if they don't play to your anger game, Amex certainly won't as you would have to have a dispute with paypal.

Its quite elementary

My guess is the blame lies with you and you just don't want to accept that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Did you order a fabric sample before you placed your curtain order?

Or did you base your colour choice solely from the website photos?

Point to one instance in my message to you where I demonstrate anger. I'll wait.

EDIT: Just clocked on your balls shrivelled when I asked you point blank whether you think the above colours were the same. Something you want to tell us mate? That's not anger and it shouldn't make you so defensive.

EDIT 2: Imagine the mental gymnastics you must have done to conclude this could possibly be "my fault". It's honestly disturbing to think about.

Post edited by Reebrock on

All from the written description and website photos. Been buying online for over 20 years; fabrics, clothes, paint, coloured mugs, decorations, kitchenware, etc etc. This has never happened before. Again, there is an expectation that something may look slightly different, a hue brighter darker etc. But these are fundamentally different colours. Blue is not turquoise. Turquoise is not blue.

Post edited by Reebrock on

Got the refund this morning - PayPal decided it was quite clearly a different colour. Not sure whether they used their own eyes, brought in Stevie Wonder, or quite simply looked at the "colour label" showing a different colour name. Absolute two bit clowns stating they had a legal department and was happy for this to go to court LMAO. Happy Christmas all.

Advertisement